Veterinary Services in Maywood
A Wide Range of Services to Meet Your Pet Care Needs
At The Maywood Veterinary Clinic, it is our mission to fulfill the needs of pet owners in Maywood and throughout Bergen County. To do so, we offer a wide range of veterinary services complete with advanced technology, high standards of care, and extraordinary attention to the needs of each pet we see. No matter which veterinarian treats your pet, both you and your furry friend will receive respectful and compassionate care. We believe that quality treatment begins with our attention to detail and highly personalized service. Every time you visit with us, we will greet you and your pet by name.
Our veterinary services in Maywood include:
- General pet wellness: Our veterinarians will work with you to design a specialized wellness care program that helps prevent illness and promotes a lifetime of health and happiness for your pet.
- Pet dental care: Healthy mouths mean healthy pets overall. At The Maywood Veterinary Clinic, our veterinarians perform routine dental exams and cleanings to prevent periodontal disease.
- International health certificates: If you’re traveling with your pet, our APHIS-certified veterinarians can help with the process of obtaining the necessary documents.
- Laboratory and diagnostics: We have an in-house laboratory and advanced diagnostic technology to provide accurate and effective results to important wellness tests.
- Nutritional counseling: If your pet has a medical condition or needs to gain or lose weight, we can help suggest the proper food and amount to be feeding him or her.
- Pharmacy: Our on-site pharmacy is stocked with the best veterinary drugs in the field. Whether you need a prescription medication or heartworm prevention, we are a one-stop-shop.
- Laser surgery and cold laser therapy: In an effort to provide minimally invasive procedures and therapy that promotes quicker healing and pain relief, we are happy to offer laser surgery and cold laser therapy for pets.
- Behavior training: Bad behavior and habits often puts strain on the relationship between a pet owner and his or her pet. We offer behavior training and consultations to help get your furry friend to behave his or her best.
- Veterinary surgery: From routine spay and neuter surgery to more complex procedures, we have a state-of-the-art surgical suite equipped with all the necessary equipment to perform safe procedures.
- Hospitalization and boarding: Sometimes we require pets to stay in our care for close monitoring after surgery. We also offer boarding for cats.
- Stem cell therapy: At The Maywood Veterinary Clinic, we are always on the lookout for the latest and most cutting edge technology that can help our pets. We are proud to offer stem cell therapy for dogs suffering from painful bone and joint conditions.
- Vaccinations: It’s important that all pets receive vaccinations to protect them from harmful diseases. Our veterinarians will design a special vaccination schedule for your pet.
- Orthopedics: If your pet sustained an injury or has a condition such as arthritis, our orthopedic services include surgeries that repair fractures and tears in ligaments.
- Cardiology: Heart disease prevention is extremely important in pets. We will work with you to closely monitor your pet’s blood pressure and heart rhythm.
- Pocket pet care: Just like cats and dogs, hamsters, gerbils, and other pocket pets need annual wellness care too. Our veterinarians have experience treating a wide variety of tiny critters.
On-Site Pharmacy and Shop
We offer a well-stocked pharmacy and an on-site retail area with pet treats, prescription diets and other pet supplies.
Thoughtful Guidance & Advice
We provide information and materials to help you understand your pet's diagnosis and make informed decisions.
AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital
Only 15% of animal hospitals are accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. We always strive to uphold the highest standards in professional pet care.
We're Pet People
We understand the bond between humans and animals and genuinely care about their health and your happiness.
“Dr. Swan and Dr. Kwon have provided the utmost compassion and support for my kitten.”- Miriam K.
“Dr. Buchholz is amazing and treats our dogs with loving care.”- Jay S.
“They are always trying to help and have good hours open.”- K.H.