International Health Certificates

Veterinary Health Certificates in Maywood

Travel Domestically or Internationally with Your Animal Companion

When you need to travel from state to state with your pet, you may require a health certificate. From participating in pet shows to riding public transportation and boarding pets, obtaining this document may be necessary.

Contact The Maywood Veterinary Clinic by calling (201) 800-6039 for your pet health certificate needs.

International Health Certificates

Our veterinarian is authorized to sign off on international health certificates. If your pet needs to hop on a plane and travel to exotic places with you, we are able to process the paperwork necessary to make that happen!

Obtaining an international health certificate for your pet is quite a process, one we attempt to make painless for our pet owners. Many military personnel find themselves moving to places like Italy, Germany, Japan, or the Middle East. Whether you are moving with the military, for business, or simply traveling outside the country, we are committed to assisting you in bringing your pets along with your family.

How It Works

If you know you may be leaving the country, contact us immediately. This process can take months of planning and we want to begin as soon as possible.

The Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) is one of three federal agencies that you will encounter as you travel with your pet. In order for any completed and signed international health certificates for the export of animals from the United States to be endorsed by the USDA, it must be completed by an APHIS-accredited veterinarian. At The Maywood Veterinary Clinic, our veterinarians have earned this title and can certify an animal’s health status, conduct tests, and record test results for the individual animals being exported.

Additional Resources

For more information, check out this article from APHIS containing basic statements regarding traveling abroad with pets.

We also encourage you to visit the USDA Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service.

Taking pets to another country requires contacting that country’s consulate or embassy for requirements. A listing of consulates can be found at the U.S. Department of State website.

For more information about obtaining veterinary health certificates in Maywood or Bergen County, contact us by calling (201) 800-6039 today.

The Maywood difference

  • We're Pet People

    We understand the bond between humans and animals and genuinely care about their health and your happiness.

  • AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital

    Only 15% of animal hospitals are accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. We always strive to uphold the highest standards in professional pet care.

  • Thoughtful Guidance & Advice

    We provide information and materials to help you understand your pet's diagnosis and make informed decisions.

  • On-Site Pharmacy and Shop

    We offer a well-stocked pharmacy and an on-site retail area with pet treats, prescription diets and other pet supplies.

Quality care at affordable prices

Visiting the vet doesn't have to be scary! Check out our coupons and specials!


  • “Dr. Swan and Dr. Kwon have provided the utmost compassion and support for my kitten.”

    - Miriam K.
  • “Dr. Buchholz is amazing and treats our dogs with loving care.”

    - Jay S.
  • “They are always trying to help and have good hours open.”

    - K.H.