Maywood Veterinary Laboratory & Diagnostics
Convenient, Accurate & Rapid Results
A veterinary diagnostic laboratory is a significant advantage when performing pet wellness tests, diagnosing conditions or diseases, and when involved in surgical and critical care. As an AAHA-accredited hospital, The Maywood Veterinary Clinic is proud to offer an on-site laboratory and advanced diagnostic technology for your special pets.
Benefits of an On-Site Diagnostic Laboratory
Benefits of this direct access include rapid diagnostic capability and the immediate implementation of treatment protocols. Accuracy is enhanced by this access as well and makes in-house consultation available to our patients.
The ability to re-test at every stage of treatment is another distinct benefit of our on-site lab. Reduced use of outside diagnostic laboratories also helps minimize expenses for pet owners.
Advanced Diagnostic Technology
Technology has allowed for great advancements in diagnostic ability. We stay current with the latest technological innovations in veterinary medicine and constantly seek the highest quality results with the least invasive efforts.
Our diagnostic technology includes:
- Ultrasound: This non-invasive, state-of-the-art technology uses sound waves to painlessly examine specific internal organs, primarily the heart and abdominal organs. Ultrasound is especially desirable for pregnancy exams, offering a safe, detailed view of the developing fetus.
- X-rays: When diagnosing illness or injury, x-rays are widely used for their speed and relatively low cost. We offer digital x-rays for a very detailed image on a computer screen. This is excellent in evaluating muscular-skeletal, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, reproductive, and urinary systems, as well as a thorough dental exam.
- Endoscopy: This permits direct visual examination and biopsies of the gastrointestinal system through high-tech fiber optics. This allows for more accurate diagnosis and treatment of oral, esophageal, stomach, colon, and even upper intestinal tract disease. Foreign objects can also be removed without the need for surgery.
- Bronchoscopy: This permits direct visual examination of your pet’s respiratory system through high-tech fiber optics. This allows for more accurate diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the nasal cavity, trachea, and lungs.
- Laparoscopy: This permits direct visual examination of your pet’s abdominal cavity without the need for a large surgical incision. This allows for more accurate diagnosis and treatment of various abdominal diseases and disorders.
Contact The Maywood Veterinary Clinic for your pet’s diagnostic needs.
On-Site Pharmacy and Shop
We offer a well-stocked pharmacy and an on-site retail area with pet treats, prescription diets and other pet supplies.
Thoughtful Guidance & Advice
We provide information and materials to help you understand your pet's diagnosis and make informed decisions.
AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital
Only 15% of animal hospitals are accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. We always strive to uphold the highest standards in professional pet care.
We're Pet People
We understand the bond between humans and animals and genuinely care about their health and your happiness.
“Dr. Swan and Dr. Kwon have provided the utmost compassion and support for my kitten.”- Miriam K.
“Dr. Buchholz is amazing and treats our dogs with loving care.”- Jay S.
“They are always trying to help and have good hours open.”- K.H.