Pet Hospitalization & Boarding in Maywood
Quality Care for Your Cat While You’re Away
Occasionally, your pet may require hospitalization to recover from surgery, receive treatment for an acute illness, maintain isolation from other animals and people, or reduce mobility after an injury. When this happens, The Maywood Veterinary Clinic offers the kind of extraordinary care you expect for your sick companion.
Each member of our veterinary team follows these strict guidelines when providing hospitalization services:
- Promote wellness
- Restore health
- Relieve suffering in the most humane methods possible
Pet Boarding Services
While The Maywood Veterinary Clinic dos not house a full boarding facility, we do offer boarding services for all cats. In addition, we offer medical boarding for any cats or dogs requiring medications, including diabetic and seizure-prone patients.
Boarding guests are required to be current on the following vaccinations:
- Dogs: rabies, distemper, and bordetella (kennel cough)
- Cats: rabies and distemper
Other vaccinations or preventative measures may be required, depending upon the patient. All guests must be free of parasites upon arrival. If the boarder demonstrates a parasite infestation after arrival, they will be treated for such at the expense of the owner.
Preparing for Boarding
- Make your reservations early and assemble items to bring with you, such as immunization records, special food, medication, bedding, and toys.
- Prepare your pet for boarding by making sure all immunizations are current and you have the required immunization records. Feed your pet lightly or not at all before arriving to avoid an upset stomach.
- Check-in during business hours and bring all agreed upon medications, etc. Allow enough time in the office to fill out the necessary paperwork and have the following information with you: address, phone number, return date, additional services requested, where you can be reached in case of emergency, the name of a local contact, your veterinarian’s name and phone number, special feeding instructions, medication instructions, etc.
- Special problems: If your pet has issues such as fear of thunder, epilepsy, or deafness, please advise us.
On-Site Pharmacy and Shop
We offer a well-stocked pharmacy and an on-site retail area with pet treats, prescription diets and other pet supplies.
Thoughtful Guidance & Advice
We provide information and materials to help you understand your pet's diagnosis and make informed decisions.
AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital
Only 15% of animal hospitals are accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. We always strive to uphold the highest standards in professional pet care.
We're Pet People
We understand the bond between humans and animals and genuinely care about their health and your happiness.
“Dr. Swan and Dr. Kwon have provided the utmost compassion and support for my kitten.”- Miriam K.
“Dr. Buchholz is amazing and treats our dogs with loving care.”- Jay S.
“They are always trying to help and have good hours open.”- K.H.