Maywood Veterinary Behavior Training
Behavioral Counseling to Address Pet Problems
The Maywood Veterinary Clinic offers behavioral counseling to every pet owner at each wellness visit. Assessing the behavior of each pet, from a rambunctious puppy to a misbehaving cat, allows owners to address problems before they become too difficult or disruptive.
Our professional team offers years of experience in supporting pet owners with pet behavioral issues and concerns. Pets that soil in the house, are excessively noisy or destructive, or become aggressive leave owners frustrated and unhappy with their animal companions. Simple techniques can be used to help pet owners and enhance the human-animal relationship.
Prevent Pet Behavior Problems
To prevent the development of problem behaviors in pets, try these tips:
- Set rules immediately
- Be consistent
- Encourage good behavior with praise and attention
- Correct bad behaviors by providing positive alternatives, such as chew toys
- Supervise the new pet and restrict access to a limited area of the house until training is completed
- Provide what your pet needs in food, care, attention, and entertainment
- Avoid situations that promote inappropriate behavior
- Never physically punish which may lead to fear, biting, or aggression
- Don’t play rough or encourage play-biting
- Expose pets to lots of positive situations, people, animals, and environments
Pet Behavior Resources
For help with preventing or addressing problem behavior in pets, visit the AAHA Healthy Pet website.
Contact The Maywood Veterinary Clinic if serious pet behavior problems arise and discuss your pet training successes and challenges at each wellness visit.
We're Pet People
We understand the bond between humans and animals and genuinely care about their health and your happiness.
AAHA Accredited Animal Hospital
Only 15% of animal hospitals are accredited with the American Animal Hospital Association. We always strive to uphold the highest standards in professional pet care.
Thoughtful Guidance & Advice
We provide information and materials to help you understand your pet's diagnosis and make informed decisions.
On-Site Pharmacy and Shop
We offer a well-stocked pharmacy and an on-site retail area with pet treats, prescription diets and other pet supplies.
“Dr. Swan and Dr. Kwon have provided the utmost compassion and support for my kitten.”- Miriam K.
“Dr. Buchholz is amazing and treats our dogs with loving care.”- Jay S.
“They are always trying to help and have good hours open.”- K.H.