Pet Hospitalization, Cat Boarding & Medical Boarding for Cats & Dogs in Maywood
Occasionally, your pet may require hospitalization to recover from surgery, receive treatment for an acute illness, maintain isolation from other animals and people, or reduce mobility after an injury. When this happens, The Maywood Veterinary Clinic offers the kind of extraordinary care you expect for your sick companion.
Each member of the The Maywood Veterinary Clinic veterinary team follows these strict guidelines when providing hospitalization services: promote wellness, restore health, and relieve suffering in the most humane methods possible.
Take a virtual tour of our facility for an inside view of the hospital.
Pet Boarding Services
While The Maywood Veterinary Clinic does not house a full boarding facility, we do offer boarding services for all cats. In addition, we offer medical boarding for any cats or dogs requiring medications, including diabetic and seizure–prone patients.
Boarding guests are required to be current on the following vaccinations:
- Dogs – Rabies, Distemper and Bordatella (Kennel Cough)
- Cats – Rabies and Distemper
Other vaccinations or preventive measures may be required, depending upon the patient. All guests must be free of parasites upon arrival. If the boarder demonstrates a parasite infestation after arrival, they will be treated for such at the expense of the owner.
Please call the clinic for more details and to schedule an appointment.
Preparing For Boarding
- Make your reservations early and assemble items to bring with you, such as immunization records, special food, medication, bedding, and toys.
- Prepare your pet for boarding by making sure all immunizations are current and you have the required immunization records. Feed your pet lightly or not at all before arriving, to avoid an upset stomach.
- Check in during business hours and bring all agreed upon medications, etc. Allow enough time in the office to fill out the necessary paperwork and have the following information with you: address, phone number, return date, additional services requested, where you can be reached in case of an emergency, the name of a local contact, your veterinarian's name and phone number, special feeding instructions, medication instructions, etc.
- Special problems: If your pet has issues such as fear of thunder, epilepsy, or deafness, please advise us at that time.