Skip to main navigation Skip to main content

Maywood, NJ (201) 368–0607

Online Store Download Our App

Veterinary Health Certificates for U.S. & International Pet Travel Needs

health certificate

When you need to travel from state to state with your pet, you may require a health certificate. From participating in pet shows to riding public transportation and boarding pets, a health certificate may be necessary.

Contact our clinic for your pet health certificate needs. In addition, we are certified to provide and process international health certificates for pet travel outside of the country.

International Health Certificates

Our veterinarian is authorized to sign off on International Health Certificates. If your pet needs to hop on a plane and travel to exotic places with you, we are able to process the paperwork necessary to make that happen!

Obtaining an International Health Certificate for your pet is quite a process, one we attempt to make painless for our pet owners. Many military personnel find themselves moving to places like Italy, Germany, Japan, or the Middle East. Whether you are moving with the military, for business, or simply traveling outside the country, we are committed to assisting you in bringing your pets along with your family.

How It Works

If you know you may be leaving the country, contact us immediately. This process can take months of planning and we want to begin as soon as possible.

The Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) is one of three Federal agencies that you will encounter as you travel with your pet. International health certificates for the export of animals from the United States are completed by our APHIS–accredited veterinarian who certifies animal health status, conducts tests, and records test results for the individual animals being exported.

Completed and signed international health certificates for the export of animals from the United States must be endorsed by a Veterinary Services area office in order to be valid. To obtain the USDA endorsement of an international health certificate or any other documents relating to traveling with your pet, the documents must be completed by an APHIS–accredited veterinarian.

Your Maywood Clinic veterinarian has obtained this status and is able to assist you.

Additional Resources

For more information, check out Pet Travel, Basic Statements regarding Travel Abroad with Pets

Visit the USDA Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service

Taking pets to another country requires contacting that country’s consulate or embassy for requirements. A listing of consulates can be found at the U.S. Department of State website.

Pet Wellness
Cold Laser Therapy